[Dailydrool] Happy birthday, Snoopy, and Shy Dogs

lois.leader lois.leader lois.leader at cox.net
Fri Jun 28 19:50:40 PDT 2019

Happy birthday, Snoopy, you venerable hound. Remember, if you haven't grown up by age 14, you don't have to! Enjoy all the doting you so rightly deserve :-)

I've enjoyed reading the advice on shy dogs from many Droolers. The takeaway seems to be to let the dog develop on his or her own time-table, be patient and accepting of the dog's own personality. I've been putting this advice to work on our own little bundle of nerves, Emma, and she does seem happier on our walks. They're short walks, but getting longer. She'll never be the extroverted hound who adores a meet-and-greet, but she's viewing the world as less of a threat. Belly rubs to Athena, who has found her special place.

Lois Leader with Emma the Aussie Basset Dog and Dobby the House Elf

lois.leader at cox.net