[Dailydrool] Reader of the Drool and Occasional Poster

Val vastrand at comcast.net
Thu Mar 7 14:52:30 PST 2019

Wish I had known about the Drool years ago. I've had bassets and labs
since the late 80's and didn't learn about the drool until 5=6 years
ago. I often think the our latest basset (Paisley) who is a rescue is
way smarter than our lab. Both are great dogs but oh so different.
Maggie lives to please and Paisley has lots of bassetude. More like she
will get back to us on anything we want her to do.  It amazes me how
bassets can be short and still manage to get things off the counter. I
always think I have things far enough away but every once in while
Paisley manages to get something. Last thing was a new loaf of bread.
Called the vet since I was worried about bloat. The vet laughed and
asked if she had toasted and buttered it before she ate it. Of course
Paisley had no ill effects.  Just gave me the look we all all so
familiar with. I vow to contribute to the drool more but it always seems
like something comes ups. Being a care giver for my husband doesn't give
me a lot of free time. Without my dogs I don't think I could cope with
all the stress and demands of care giving. Drool to all that need it and
I will try to not be just a reader of the Drool but will try to post
more often. This is a great group and I love hearing about everyones
bassets.

val
vastrand at comcast.net