[Dailydrool] Merta Lou's Rules

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 22:39:21 PDT 2019

I, Professional Lady Basset ML have been reading as best I can, the Drool.
I am struck by the lack of discipline among the human ranks. Or the lack of
understanding, perhaps.
To that end I think maybe I should share some standard Basset Rules to
contribute to a better understanding between species:
1. If a Basset puts down a toy or bone it does not mean he/she is done with
it only that both are resting. No other dog is allowed to touch.
2a. If another dog touches said object the first Basset may bark and run to
the door causing the second to follow suit and
3a. Allowing first Basset to dash back and grab toy/bone.
4a. Failing that, teeth are permissible.

1. Allowable crate time is at meal time or bedtime but no time inbetween.
2b. Anytime a call to crates is made by human Basset may charge past crate
onto bed.
3b. If leash is produced Basset may run (be sure to run) past human, past
crate into another room and onto the couch causing
4b. Person to fall into crate knocking everything off top and creating
opportunity for person to use interesting words.
5b. Often returning to crate while person is getting bleeding stopped is
advisable.

These are just two of MY rules. The Big Dog who shares space here with me
has his own set. The human has another set and the three are often at odds
with each other. I would be interested in seeing rules that other Bassets
have.
Love and Cuddles
Merta Lou
Professional Lady Basset and Rule Writer.