[Dailydrool] Cart for Guinness

Elizabeth linktolindsey at gmail.com
Wed May 15 06:49:08 PDT 2019

I second the recommendation to use Eddie’s Wheels. They’re like the Rolls Royce of carts, but you really do get what you pay for. The company is exceptionally good at hand-holding customers through the fitting process. I took photos of every single measurement I made—young Charlie and the yardstick against the body part being measured—and sent it to the customer service rep, and she responded quickly with corrections. If you ask, Eddie’s Wheels may be able to recommend someone near you who can help you take the measurements.

Something to be aware of is that you will not be able to take the cart out of the box and immediately begin using it. You will need to make some fine adjustments. The instructions for this aren’t always clear, but the customer service reps are helpful. You can send photos of Guinness in the cart, and they’ll let you know if his top line is off, etc. And again, they may be able to point you to someone near you who can help with these adjustments.

Their front-end carts are more complicated (and expensive) than their back-end carts. Also, front-end carts are so customized that they usually can’t be passed on to another dog once the original owner no longer needs it. The back-end carts can often be passed on, though. I was so stymied by the instructions for the front-end cart that I wound up asking for Eddie’s Wheels for on-site help. They gave me the name of a vet tech about three hours away who has experience with both measuring and making the fine adjustments. The consult fee was well worth it.

Elizabeth