[Dailydrool] Mariah checking in

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 18:07:32 PST 2019

aloha all,  this is Mariah checking in. The usual humans are back. They were gone for seven weeks—can you believe it? Oodles of something called family weddings and family reunions someplace called New York.  I think that is somewhere on the moon. it is where Dad grew up. it wasn’t bad, though. We had round the clock in-home dogsitters that loved on us and gave us treats. IPo and I gave the resident humans the cold shoulder when they returned for a day or two. Mila is too guileless to pull anything like that off and drooled all over herself with joy at their return; she is a disgrace to dignified dogdom. But by day three of the resident humans’ return, Ipo (my bodyguard) and I decided to forgive them and snuggle back into the mom’s bed with her every night. she is, after all, a lot “fluffier” than the sweet young ladies who were doting on us, which counts for something. she missed us terribly and even bought a basset hound doll (Corey Roy) to sleep with in the RV they rented.
  Real excitement today. the world started shaking at dawn and all three of us dogs lept off the bed at once, yelling at the top of our lungs.  all the other dogs in the neighborhood did the same and there was quite the ruckus, which didn’t settle down for half an hour.  Mom said it was only a little earthquake really, (4.9) without noticeable damage—she’s been here for ones up to 7.something. But we sure don’t like them. everything else we pretty much like here except that it gets too hot on our feet during the day on pavement and we refuse to wear boots, so midday is stay at home siesta time, but even that rarely gets out of the high 80’s. I hear it is totally worse in parts of the mainland.  so, be well, everyone. Sending drool to all in need. Please take a chance on my mom’s quilt currently up for raffle to benefit my alma mater, Daphneyland.  See their website for details. There is a photo of me me me sitting on the quilt in one of the photos.  snooters, Mariah