[Dailydrool] Gracie with BAGS BHR

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Wed Nov 20 09:05:46 PST 2019

BAGS Basset Hound Rescue in OH has a senior basset girl that had a skin follicle infection that went untreated for 2 years.  The result is an unbelievable network of infected growths that cover the front of her left rear leg.  When she was picked up by the director and her husband, Maribeth texted me that this poor dog smelled like death.  It turned out that her ugly leg was not cancer but infection.  She has been on some strong antibiotics and her leg has been draining and draining; totally gross as I’m sure you can imagine.  I have the picture of her leg but FB labelled it as graphic and covered it up. It can be seen and has been seen by Debbies Dawgs supporters.

Tomorrow Gracie is having surgery on her leg because some of the masses have been bursting; it is very vascular and she loses a lot of alarming amount of blood each time one erupts.  The danger of infection spreading throughout her body is just getting to be too much so they are going to try to remove the infection tomorrow.  Because it is on her leg, it will be an open wound until it granulates and then skin grafts may be attempted.  Very complicated process. This first surgery alone will be $1700 and there will be additional expenses for bandage changes every other day, potential hospitalizations and more.

I have already posted several fundraisers for various rescues on Debbies Dawgs and have another rescue to post tomorrow so I’m making a plea here for donations to BAGS to help this girl get well.  She is amazingly healthy in spite of the infection and gets around the house, even plays with the other hounds.  She is as sweet as sugar and deserves to be well.

If you would like to donate to help Gracie, whose original name was Hound Dog, PayPal to either bagsbassethoundrescue at gmail.com or debbiesdawgs at icloud.com.   Please use the friend option so there are no fees.  If you prefer checks, make out BAGS Basset Hound Rescue,  3555 Anderson Ave. Minerva OH 44657.  Please mark your donation for Gracie.   BAGS is a 501c3 charity as is Debbies Dawgs.

I also ask for your prayers, good karma, whatever you have  for Gracie. Please have your hounds sling some drool her way, too.

Thanks so much,

Donna, drool fueler for Maggie and YaYa