[Dailydrool] December $5 Friday

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Fri Nov 29 14:26:59 PST 2019

Here it is, time for another $5 Friday. This month we are helping 2 smaller rescues,
Hounds Haven BHR based in Iowa and Oregon Basset Hound Rescue.  Sadly one
of the seniors with Hounds Haven went to the Bridge a couple of days ago but they
still have 7 or 8 seniors that have cost a lot to get healthy.  I don’t have all of Oregon’s
hound info yet but the one they have sent so far probably costs as much as 3 hounds.
He’s a doozy.

If you’re not on FB, you don’t hear as much about the rescues and how the smaller
ones really struggle. Actually they ALL struggle at times but it takes time and volunteers
to get a rescue known and pick up supporters. Some of the rescues, including Hounds
Haven cover several states.  I don’t know how they do it.

If you’d like to donate to $5 Friday for these rescues, please PayPal using the friend
option, to debbiesdawgs at icloud.com <mailto:debbiesdawgs at icloud.com>.  Checks should be made out to and sent to:
Debbie’s Dawgs, 177 Mountain Vista Blvd. Canton GA. 30115.  Please mark your
donation for December $5 Friday.

I also want to mention that Debbie’s Dawgs is a 501c3 charity - if you make end
of year donations, please consider us.  You can designate where you’d like your
contribution to go - we have a bed program where we send beds to senior
Hounds, a general fund that helps rescues pay emergency vet bills for a surgery
or procedure  or we can direct your donation to a rescue of your choice.  You won’t see
this information anywhere but we are strictly volunteer - 100% of the monies we raise for
$5 Fridays go to the rescues.  We have a treasurer who is a CPA and donates her
services.  I am the President and do what I do for free.  It’s my way of giving back
to the basset community.  You won’t find many charities that don’t have expenses.
We do occasionally buy some stationary but that’s about it. . . .

Wishing everyone a happy holiday season no matter what you celebrate.  We’d
love to have some new donors - I promise you it will be the best money you ever
spent.

Looking forward to howliday cards!

Donna, drool fueler for Maggie and YaYa