[Dailydrool] The Annual Turkey Story

Elizabeth linktolindsey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 02:09:28 PST 2019

Angelika, thank you for posting the story of Annie and the turkey. It’s one I pull out every Thanksgiving to read aloud to my husband because it just isn’t Thanksgiving without it now. Even after almost twenty years of doing so, I still can’t get all the way through it without laughing when I get to the “We entered the dining room."

This is how our hounds become immortal—through the funny, sad, and heartwarming stories we tell about them in the Daily Drool discussion group. While the Daily Drool Facebook page is good for being able to put faces to the hounds’ names, the discussion group is, I feel, where we’re really able to get to know who they are.

Elizabeth, with young Charlie