[Dailydrool] Daisy's persistent cyst

jkdjf at tds.net jkdjf at tds.net
Mon Oct 7 06:06:10 PDT 2019

Has anyone succeeded in getting an e collar that is long enough for their basset? I have posted here before about the problem I am having with a cyst on Daisy's hip and have gotten a lot of good responses but so far she has beaten everything we have tried. We are almost at the point of giving up but then I think we can't just let her eat her leg off. She is so long and thin that she can get around everything we try plus she is smart and can get bandages off even though we have them covered.  Right now we have a large diaper on her with bandages underneath. That worked for a while but now she figured out that she can pull the bandages out from under the diaper. I have bought two different cones...both being too short by a good 2-3 inches. I have bought the tube and put it around her belly like Val suggested I have bought the new skin stuff and put on it she licks it off. We tried little boys underwear much to Daisys dismay then we went to a small womans underwear both with bandages under them. I told Daisy to pull up her big girl panties and quit licking her hip but knowing the basset stubborness You all know how that worked out. We have used betadine bactine Neosporin and bacitracin to try to keep infection at bay. This is not nearly all the things we have tried but this is getting long so if anyone has questions just email me.  We also tried the yuck spray that is real bitter that should have worked but its like candy to Daisy Mae.   Kathy at Wits End and Thelma who thinks that Daisy is getting all the attention.