[Dailydrool] Howling and today's calendar from 2013

Kathy Wilson kmwlaw at cox.net
Sat Oct 19 14:32:40 PDT 2019

Hi all,

First, I laughed out loud at today's (2013) calendar photo caption: "Nobody
knows the trouble we've caused" - great caption for a great photo!

On the subject of howling, I loved Elizabeth's recount of her dogs' singing
efforts and the "B-flat Bassets" was a terrific name.  I, too, had a singer:
my first basset, Moose, loved to join me at the piano and sing along to
whatever I was playing.  Sadly, Moose did not have much musical talent, so
our piano duos never lasted too long before a headache would set in for
anyone in the vicinity.  Twinkletoes, my second, was not a singer, nor a
participant in much of anything.  She LOVED her brother, Hooter the harrier,
and wanted nothing more than to spend her days with him.  Hooter returned
the affection, which was a blessing, as he had arrived before Twink when
Moose was still with us.  Moose wanted no part of another dog in the house,
and made that position very clear to Hooter and everyone else.  Hooter took
it in stride, however, and welcomed Twink after Moose's departure for the
Bridge.

Tallulah, I fear, is following the others in a lack of musical talent.  She
does however have an absolutely scary, deep bark/growl complete with raised
hairs on her back.  Fortunately, she only displays this on rare occasions,
and has never expressed any interest in pursuing the object of her bark.
She and Tucker the Dalmatian are great buddies and make me laugh every day.

Tomorrow we're off to the Southern California Basset Hound picnic - wish all
the Droolers could be there!  Should be great fun!

Slurps to all in need, especially Dexter!

Kathy Wilson and Tallulah, with Tucker the Dalmatian, and Moose, Twinkletoes
and Hooter the harrier ATB with my Peter

kmwlaw at cox.net