[Dailydrool] Thanks, Elizabeth

Richlyn Roach snipesgulch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 11:04:30 PDT 2019

As a long-time Drooler, I have always enjoyed your posts on both “The Late (and great) Jane”, and “The Late (and great) Elsinore.   Am I correct that it was your harp that was “Bassetized”?  If not, does anyone remember that story?
Anyhow, as to the howling, after a long and eventful run of Bassets, we are down to only Chloe.   She is, and has always been, a talker and a character.   Where we live is fairly isolated, and our front porch looks out on a partially wooded hillside.    When the pack was larger if we were all out front, all of the other dogs would line up on the porch and watch as Chloe would scour the hillside for items of interest.   As soon as she hit the scent of something, she would sound the alarm and everyone would leap into action and soon the hill would be covered with “hunters”.   As soon as that was proven to be a false alarm, all of the others would return to the porch, and Chloe would continue her search while the others rested in the shade and awaited the next alert.

Chloe also will not tolerate “invasion by telephone”.   We have a land line and an answering machine.   Whenever the phone rings if we don’t pick up, as soon as the answering machine kicks in and starts speaking, she sounds a four alarm alert.  Never mind that this has gone on for 12 years, she never misses.   I guess she figures it’s working since no phone monsters have gotten to us yet……

Gotta Love ‘em

Richlyn

Sent from Mail for Windows 10