[Dailydrool] checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 25 09:23:38 PDT 2019

Hi all, Dale here,
The boys are fine.  Thank G-d!!  Snoopy gave us quite a scare the last few days, he had some loose stools and his appetite wained .... he refused a bowl (of Snoopy stew!) and had to be coaxed to eat, he even puked on the rug.  My boy is 14 years 3 months, crippled, glaucoma has taken his left eye and we were waiting and watching ..... making him as comfortable as we possibly could ..... and then last night he DEVOURED his dinner and after I had eaten he demanded a walk!  Obviously I rushed to get his lead and he and his brother Chomper and I went out around the block.  Snoopy slept well, got up this morning and ate with vigor, and then went back down the hall wagging his tail like nothing ever happened.  I think he might be the death of me, he'll probably outlive us all.
Chomper is a GOOD BOY!  Seriously he is although he is the dickens.  He has quit threatening to eat people we pass on the street.  The night before last when Snoopy was lethargic and feeling poorly I took Chomper for a long walk and we encountered my neighbor Joseph.  I stopped and spoke with Joseph for 5 minutes or so, instead of barking/snapping/lunging as he had in the past Chomper simply ignored Joseph.  The only time we heard anything from Chomper was when I asked Joseph to try petting him because he was standing in reach.  When Josephs hand got within about 6 inches of Chompers head, he let out a low growl ..... I doubt he would have done anything but Joseph slowly pulled his hand back anyway, and ignored Chomper and we continued our conversation and Chomper went back to ignoring Joseph.  BIG progress!!
Natalie has been home for the summer, she has a summer job close to the house and has been making BIG bucks .... she has been working 12 hour days 6 days a week working on setting up theatrics for a "halloween haunt" at a local amusement park.  Tomorrow classes start at UC Santa Cruz ..... she is all moved into her off campus apartment, she will go directly from work over the hill to Santa Cruz tonight.  The bassets will be heartbroken as they love her dearly.  It's so hard, Snoopy used to pine for her terribly when she was younger want went away for summer camp, college is even worse on him.  It's hard on me too.
As for me I'm still working for PlayStation.  I retired from Intel after 25 years, lasted 2 weeks and now I've been at PlayStation 3.5 years.  I keep thinking I should retire retire, collect my pension and enjoy my time .... but haven't gotten around to it yet ..... I'll be in London again next month ... we'll see.
More later from Dalewith Snoopy (I feel fine.  what?  what???)and Chomper (he wouldn't eat, he wouldn't play, he was just laying there being stoic and we were worried sick)