[Dailydrool] More Nick! More bassets in general! More! More!

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:50:36 PDT 2020

All is quiet and serene here. Yesterday Miss Paddi B Basset had a dreadful
experience -- truly dreadful, a major dental that involved the removal of
five teeth. She is way too stoic and I am obviously not attentive enough,
but it did become obvious to me that she was uncomfortable and off to her
personal physician we went. Surgery was yesterday, and she seems to be
doing well. She's resting today, and enjoying eating. We're giving her soft
food for a few days until things heal, and grinding up her antibiotic.
She's going to be 16 in July, so surgery is always a worry. But I must say,
she has been a wonderful ad for the value of good breeding in a dog. First
and likely only dog I ever acquired from a Kennel Club certified breeder,
and such a beautiful, healthy girl. (I rescue now, or just wait for random
dogs to turn up needing homes.)

I love hearing about Nick's adventures, and everyone else's. I would say
it's a good distraction, but it's not -- it's real life! Interrupting this
really annoying distraction we're all going through right now!

Pats to all,
Mary, with Paddi B Basset, Simba the Formosan Mountain Dog and Clio, the
3-legged cat.