[Dailydrool] More on the dress code

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 16 09:17:13 PDT 2020

Hi all, Snoopy here,
Well yesterday was quite exciting around here.  My dadPerson has had chest pains for 4 days and momPerson finally made him call the Dr.  he is 67 and has some underlying conditions and the Dr wanted to have a look at him.  It was ..... an adventure.
Dad Person was told to report to an underground garage, he had to give them a description of his car.  He pulled into the garage and a person (well he thinks it was a person, you really couldn't tell under their get up) held up a sign which said "roll down your window NO MORE THEN 2 inches.  dadPerson did that and whatever it was slid two thing through the window and held up a sign that said ROLL YOUR WINDOW UP!!
dadPerson found himself with an adhesive strip which said it was to be attached to his forehead (it reads out body temperature in real time) and LEFT there for the duration of his visit.  The other item was a mask which he had to put on and leave on.  He followed a maze through the parking garage of various suiting up whatevers interacting with him ..... finally told to park the car and escorted to get an EKG, chest xray, blood work .... he said it was surreal.  The good news is he's home, they don't think it's his heart.
As far as hearts go, momPerson may need a new one, between dadPerson and me ..... I just kept puking yesterday ..... I'm fine today but yesterday was real bad ..... the clueless momPerson says it's all too much.  I think the working from home is getting to her.  Her coworkers are getting ridiculous  the pajamas and the exercise clothes were bad enough but now ..... oh I don't even want to tell you what I saw on that great big screen this morning .... I mean SERIOUSLY .... apparently it's a problem at all levels of the company, she got an email from the President and CEO today .... on the one hand praising all the high quality work he is seeing  ..... but he said this too ...
"dress code is a problem. Some (not all) of the group dress badly enough in the office, but when they’re in the relative privacy of their own homes, it can actually get pretty terrible. But that’s a small point, and cameras can be switched off very easily."
And he was talking about the EXECUTIVES ..... you wouldn't BELIEVE what the software engineers have on, and after this morning I guess I should stop complaining when they have most of themselves covered with WHATEVER it is they have on.

More later from Snoopy who is very skeptical about this working from home stuff ..... for goodness sakes folks pull yourselves together or turn the camera off.