[Dailydrool] NICK'S ADVENTURES - Almost My Party

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Tue Apr 21 14:44:22 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody - Nick Here!

I thought for a while that yesterday was my birthday.  Mom, Dad and Clark
all got up early yesterday morning and started cleaning the house and
talking about "the party".  Hmmmmm, I thought, it must be my birthday! Mom
vacuumed up all the loose dog hair, she dusted the furniture, Dad mopped all
the floors, and Clark even cleaned the upstairs and the bathrooms.  There
was a big ham baking in the oven.  I was sure we were going to have a HUGE
birthday party for me! I even called Gramma Sugar to invite her out for a
ham dinner because she loves ham!

Then, you will never believe what happened!  Mom fed us our dinner . just
plain old dog food . no ham!  Then she put us all in our crates in the van
in the garage with a heater.  She kissed us all on the nose and told us she
was sorry to have to lock us up but there were going to be too many people
in the house for us to join the party.  I  COULD  NOT  BELIEVE  IT!

Mom and Dad came out to the garage and checked on us a lot but they didn't
let us come in the house until everyone was gone.  Our noses told us that
there were fifty (yes 50!) new people in our house last night!  Our noses
told us that they ate OUR  ham!  Our noses told us they ate other good stuff
too!  Mom got this neat new stuffed snowman that she calls Snowden.  We are
going to EAT  Snowden!  That will serve her right for not

letting us come to the party!

Slurps,

Nick