[Dailydrool] NICK'S ADVENTURES - Getting Even

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Apr 6 19:28:48 PDT 2020

NICK'S ADVENTURE - Getting Even

Hi Everybody - Nick Here!

We just got back from five GREAT days at a BIG dog show! Mom was so excited
. there were five point majors in both boys and girls everyday! I have never
seen so many basset cousins in my whole life! I got to go round and round
the big square every day. I really wanted one of those great big ribbons,
but all I got were little red or blue ribbons each day. Mom said that was
okay . first or second in your class is good for a little guy. Uncle Jesse
won the Stud Dog Class on Sunday. He is totally unbearable now . he keeps
saying "I'm a STUD!" Big deal!

While we were at the dog show, we took mom, dad and Granny Pat for lots of
walks. That was really fun. We walked around and visited lots of people
selling stuff. We also visited other bassets and their people. And of
course, we tried to talk mom into buying us flowering onions and elephant
ears but she was mean and said NO! Even Granny Pat was mean . she wouldn't
buy us any food either! Well, we got even with them.

On Friday night, mom and Granny Pat decided to take me and my sisters Noel,
Holly and Fancy all for a walk at the same time. Mom put this funny thing
called a brace on Noel and me. Granny Pat put a brace lead on Fancy and
Holly. Off we went!! We walked really nice for a while then we discovered
that if we went different ways, Mom and Granny Pat would act funny. That was
great fun! They kept laughing. Then Noel and I got the idea to each go on a
different side of Granny Pat's legs. She kept saying . "No, don't do that" .
"Please, don't do that!". We almost tipped her over. Mom and Granny Pat said
something about
needing to have their heads examined but we couldn't see anything wrong with
their heads. Their faces were a little red but that's all.

We got home from the dog show just in time. Right after we got home, there
was a tornado where we had been driving. Good thing we got home . we might
have been blown away like Toto! Granny Pat took Noel home with her and I
miss her! Mom said she was beginning to smell too good to us boys . gee .
Mom is no fun sometimes!

Slurps,
Nick