[Dailydrool] Update on Beauford

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 08:37:47 PST 2020

Hi all! I really thought about letting Bugsey write this note, but I
decided it was best sent by me. On Tuesday, we had spa day at our house.
They all needed it and Beauford simply would not leave his rear end alone.
So, I figured I better see what was up with that. It isn't good news. His
anal glad tumor has grown tremendously. It went from the size of a shooter
marble to a plum. Plus the other side is very thickened and is full of
rough bumps on the surface. That anal glad has always caused him issues.
For a while, the tumor on the right side helped him express it himself. Now
we have come full circle again and he can't do it on his own.

The main reason I washed them on Tuesday exactly, is that Beauford and
Bugsey were due to have thyroid panels drawn and I was too embarrassed to
bring them in that stinky. When I got there, I asked them to weigh both of
them as well. Bugsey is back up to his fighting weight of 53 pounds! Woo
hoo! Beauford is down to 50.3. Last time he was 56.7 pounds. At that weight
I was tempted to put him on a diet, but DH convinced me not too. Then about
two weeks ago, I was concerned about how skinny he was getting and I upped
his food from 3/4 of a cup 2x a day to 1 c twice a day. Obviously that
isn't helping. The vet is pretty positive the cancer has now spread to his
lymph nodes.

The vet called me yesterday with the results of thyroid on both boys and
the urine on Beauford (his water intake had gone up and we checked it last
month. Since his protein levels were slightly elevated, the vet wanted to
repeat the urine in a month). Bugsey is back on course with his thyroid.
Woo Hoo! Beauford didn't have any thyroid registering! Not good. The urine
was the same. He is going to have the lab run an unbound thyroid level and
have them run a Cushing's Disease test on the urine.

So, I get that we are not doing good. But, now I am out of my league.  Can
any one with experience give me a little more insight on what to expect? I
would really appreciate it.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess