[Dailydrool] Aging

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 16:50:03 PST 2020

My three dogs had their yearly physicals today. all are in good shape, though one basset (Mila) has a tooth that has died and needs extraction, and our pit mix has a limp though nothing bone or joint related showed up on x-rays. what was a shock was their ages! (all came to us from rescue or previous homes). the pit mix, IPo, is 12 or 13; Mila is 11 (the only one with a documented birthday), and little Mariah is already 8 or so. How did this happen? aren’t they all puppies?! I shudder to think what that says about my husband and me. whenever someone dies of Covid or an accident in our age bracket (70+), the news media always describes them as “elderly”.  Heck, I’m not elderly and neither are my dogs—-or are we? Eeks.