[Dailydrool] Samantha checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 5 09:45:48 PST 2020

Hi!
It's me, Sam!!!  I am currently wearing a tee shirt under my blow up collar because I am the DICKENS!!  I have stitches in a couple of places on my flank and belly and they ITCH.  I don't mind the shirt but I don't like the collar.  Mom says I'm not to be trusted.  There is that.
Chomper is my new best friend we are tied at the hip we go everywhere together but mom keeps YELLING at him to STOP that I cannot roll and play with him (I'm 4 days post op and apparently that is simply not OK)
When I was sprung from country jail there was someone with mom, a woman/girl, named Natalie (for long time droolers she is 20 now, where did the time go??  remember the little girl who ran out the door when Snoopy bolted a decade ago and burst into tears when he disappeared into the fog only to have him return to console her??) who came along.  And she came home with us and she has a room in this house and she and I made friends ..... and then she said I could have her room because she lives at college now (UC Santa Cruz).  When she left late that afternoon I cried a little, I really like Natalie.
Snoopy is LOUD ..... but he sleeps 23 hours a day.  He spends the remaining hour eating and howling, one or the other.  He has dog beds throughout the house and he has made it clear that he prefers I stay off of ALL of them.  Seriously.  He also door guards.  Mom says he is crippled and has no teeth so you can just ignore him when he door guards and walk right by which I do, but he howls at me when I do it.
For right now I am trying to settle and fit in and heal up so I can play.  Thanks for all the good wishes.
Love,Sam