[Dailydrool] Food

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 04:11:37 PST 2020

Because my crew has so many food allergies, I have a different perspective
on the whole grain free-grain food debate. I did talk to my vet about it.
He felt that feeding the dogs so they have quality of life by controlling
their allergies is first and foremost.  I agree. We had the same discussion
when Beauford was diagnosed with cancer. We felt that controlling allergies
was more important than having him on a cancer diet. Officially all three
are on Royal Canin HP. Browyn has been on it longer than the boys because
she had bladder crystals and the HP is part of the SO line that controls
the kind of crystals she had. So, we looked on it as win-win. It improved
her allergies significantly and she hasn't had a bladder infection since we
changed her. Beauford is also doing well on it. Bugsey. What can I say. I
don't know if it is a food problem or an indiscretion problem, but he is
having huge problems with regurgitating again. Some of it had quite a bit
of squirrel poop in it. Anyway, he is now on reglan, omeprazole, sucralfate
and amoxicillin with proviable as well. In addition, he is on a bland diet
of cottage cheese and mashed potatoes. It is working! I talk to the vet
Friday to see if we are going to balance the cottage cheese and potato for
long term use or put him back on Royal Canin HP. RC HP is easier. I don't
always have the highest energy levels or a history of staying well for long
periods of time, which is why I hesitate about making his food.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess