[Dailydrool] Snoopy Checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 7 13:46:04 PDT 2020

Hi all, Snoopy here,
I thought I should perhaps check in because momPerson is pretty much of a mess drooling in the corner these days.  All of us hounds are fine.  We think perhaps we broke her.  Here's what happened.
I turned 15 on June 28 to much celebration and treats!!  Did I mention all the treats??  We had pupsicles and we had filet mignon and we had all my best treats and we celebrated the whole day Saturday and then on Sunday I woke up in big trouble.  I was all wet and I'm not that way, I'm a very tidy guy.  I was leaking everyplace and I had no control at all I was making squiggly lines everywhere and it was all terrible I was SO embarrassed and i didn't feel good and I drank about 4 big bowls of water that morning and momPerson called the vetPerson and said "I dunno if this is it, he's deaf, he's blind in one eye and can barely see out of the other, he can't walk and he won't lift his tail up and he can't control his bladder.  I'd better bring him in."  And I'm like wait a minute hold on I'm SLIPPING on all the pee I can walk I'm ... my tail ..... I'm EMBARRASSED I CAN SO raise my tail hold on what???
She was crying and she and my dadPerson were shaking and she took me to the vetspital and the vet wanted to make SURE it was all bad so she did a full panel blood work and blood pressure and kidney check and urinalysis and it turns out I had the most expensive bladder infection on record!!  The rest was spot on so I got clavamox and was sent home and felt better 45 minutes later after I took one and momPerson mopped up and that was that.  Except for the ka-ching!!  That was Sunday ....
Then on Tuesday Samantha started to loose her appetite and by Friday she was trying to die on us and momPerson and dadPerson were very traumatized again.  There was a lot of crying.  Honestly you should have seen what Samantha did on Sunday when she came home and finally had a diagnosis and meds it was like me with the Clavamox she felt better real fast and she curled up into a ball and pressed that ball into momPerson's belly and then uncurled all along her body placing her head into momPersons hand and just pressed herself like that.
Chomper went back to eating tentatively, he was doing that before and then he pooped out a rock now he's doing that again but nobody has the energy to deal with it.  Just so he eats (eventually he does, every time) we are gonna have to rest up to deal with him.
More later from Snoopy whose momPerson is apparently brokenwith Samantha Jane who feels much betterand Chomper who probably needs a dental