[Dailydrool] Just Between Us

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 04:23:44 PDT 2020

This is Merta Lou, Girl reporter reporting news just between us DD people
not for FB ok? Things been very crazy here lately the reason I have not
been reporting but seems to have settled down a bit so here goes:
Last Sunday a week ago the MomPerson was scheduled to go to the
Peoplespital to have her fake nee...sorry: knee-- re done as the old fake
one had an accident and a piece came loose and so on Tuseday she was
supposed to go away and have it fixed sounds awful you know?
Anyway then she got a phone call from her daughterinlaw that their son who
is a Master Glassblower at Dollywood in Tennessee had had an accident in
the glass blowing place and was burned and was on his way by helicopter to
a hospital in Knoxville (Because on Sunday the traffic is so bad between
Gatlinburg and Knoxville that a 40 min drive is literally 2 hours) where he
would be evaluated and then,probably, flown to Nashville to the burn unit
at Vanderbilt.
Nobody really knew very much except it was his face and ear and neck and
chest and hand that got burned. Since the furnaces for glassblowing run at
about 1500 degrees you can see how bad this could be. Luckily they wear
goggles.
So needless to say there was big uproar MomPerson really crying and so
upset and Mr Biskit all upset and trying to find out what happened how bad
did he inhale fire or what and Sister trying to get information and
everybody and me and Doc trying to help with hugs and kisses aand just
being real close and oh my goodness such crying and upsetting.
And the knee thing to go ahead or what?
Ok make it short. Son did not inhale fire at least not much so his lungs
and stuff okpretty much. Worst burns may not need grafts and basically
gonna be ok. Worst probably psychological altho terrible pain involved.
Tues MomPerson went away and had knee done came home late next day hobbling
smelledreallyweird. Son sent home from Vanderbilt reallyscary memories and
burns on face.neck & hands. Everyone now ok but a bit shaky. Not sure what
happened-- there was a splash-back of burning alcohol or something they
were using sure glad Dollywood takes such good care of their people, and
they do. Knee stuff coming along, a bit wobbly yet but it will be fine in a
few somethings. So will Son. This not on FB because the kid is embarrassed
(!!) but you guys are family, Mom says and so it's ok to share to with you.
That's our story for the past week. Hope not to have another like that for
a long long time. Hugs and cuddles for those in need.
Love from MertaLou and Doc