[Dailydrool] Evil geniuses and the illusion of power

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 25 00:43:13 PDT 2020

I have been so proud of myself. for months now, all three of my dogs have slept on the big bed with me. Previously Mariah, head dog, would block access to the other two.
through gentle perseverance and insistence I was the one in charge of granting permissions, I had trained Mariah that if I put my hand alongside her scooterat bedtime, she must yield gracefully and allow the other two dogs to board the nighttime conveyance.  I thought we had established a precedent of all dogs allowed on the big bed. Oh, aren’t i the dominant one? Ha! when the cat is away....
well, Bill and I were just away for three days to another part of the island for a quilt show gallery commitment of mine, returning tonight. We hired an in home dog sitter for the girls. the dog sitter slept in the guest bedroom by her choice (the big bed is crowded). Bill and I returned today. tonight the only dog in bed is Mariah. the other two are sleeping out on the lanai by their choice and show no interest in even approaching the bedroom, even with my permission.  (Out on the lanai, no less, not even inside the house!!). I suspect in my pack leader absence, Mariah has set down a whole new set of rules and who is really in charge here changed.
 we will see how long it takes for the rightful queen (me) to take control again.  watch out, Mariah the usurper!!
I do find Mariah so appealing. she is a force to be reckoned with.