[Dailydrool] Hunting or napping?

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 17:06:12 PDT 2020

Miss MacKenzie here reporting on the hunting in New Hampshire.  We lived on a big Christmas Tree farm for a long, long time (over 7 dog years!). The hunting was excellent. Bunnies foolishly had their babies near the house.  Guinness and I did our best to rid the farm of these varmints.   There were giant turkeys that we chased away on a regular basis.  This was a Christmas Tree farm!  Other holiday animals were most unwelcome. Then one day a creature with lots of pointy things came by. Momma and Daddy grabbed us to stop us from chasing this creature.
So here we are now, living in our new house with our dog door, ramp and big yard!  We even get to walk around to the front of the house.  Guinness has retired from hunting and stays mostly inside, except when he’s on his wheels.   So far we have not seen bunnies, turkeys or pointy things.  We have seen chipmunks, squirrels and mice.  The chipmunks live in the rock wall and Mulligan likes to play “wack-a-mole” (or munk) with them but hasn’t caught any. Then, to our great excitement a baby duck came in the yard.  We were rudely brought back inside.

Sent from my iPad