[Dailydrool] So much loss and so much hope

Joanna Schofer joannaschofer at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 21 18:18:24 PDT 2020

I have had 6 Bassets.  My latest is Dudley who has an eating disorder!  Yes, he is a picky Basset.  He came from the Calgary Basset Rescue and was originally a stray in the States.  3 years ago we did blood tests just for his dental and he was diagnosed with liver disease.  He has been well, but a few weeks ago he threw up and I took him in.  He has been on meds and is almost done.  I was so worried because he wasn’t eating enough.   I cook for him for his liver disease.  He was mostly eating treats.  Today, he seems better.  With all this craziness, he is still my priority.  I have had him on probiotics with bone broth all week, and it seems to have helped!!!!  Only a few more days of the antibiotics to go.
Phew.
I am so sorry for all the recent posts about loss.  My last 5 years have been pretty insane with loss.
I am grateful to be able to post about my dog to people who really will care.
I love dogs…Bassets are amazing!
Healing drool and love to all.
Joanna and Dudley in Vancouver Canada
Sent from Mail for Windows 10