[Dailydrool] Nick's Adventures - The Grooming Terrorists

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Tue Mar 24 16:24:14 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody --- Nick Here!

I had a very busy day today.  Mom and Dad put my crate in the van (we now
have six crates in the van but only five of us .. I wonder????) and Mom said
we were all going to Granny Pat's for a Bath-A-Thon!   Sounded like fun to
me, so I went running to the van and got in (with Mom's help).  When we got
to Granny Pat's , I got to play with my sisters, Holly and Fancy, for a long
time.  Mom and Granny Pat kept taking the other big bassets to the basement,
one at a time, and then they never came back upstairs. My half-sister, Emmy,
tried to warn me what was going to happen  but I was busy playing, so I
didn't worry.

Then Granny Pat came upstairs and got me.  We went down these scary stairs
.. there were a million of them and they were 42 miles high.  Granny helped
me go down the stairs and I got to watch Abby being drowned.  Mom said she
wasn't drowning her . just giving her a bath.  I thought Abby was going to
be

naked when Mom was done 'cause so much dog hair was coming off of her.  Mom
said Abby was "blowing her coat" but I didn't see her blowing on anything
??!!!

Then it was my turn.  Oh my goodness . they took this big machine and tried
to grind off my paw (No Nick, Granny was grinding your toenails).  Then
Granny cleaned my ears and that felt good.  Then Mom put me in this big
bathtub and tried to drown ME!  Can you believe that?  Then she put some
stuff on me that made me smell like an orange . I kept trying to tell her
that someone might peel me but she said it was okay.  Then she tried to
drown me again.  Finally, she took me out and rubbed a big towel all over me
. I liked that!   But I wasn't safe yet . Mom took this big hose out and
blew air on me . I thought I was going to be blown right off the grooming
table.  Just when I thought I was safe, they put me in a crate with a cover
on it and turned on a big blower with warm air.  After at least 100 hours,
they took me out and I got back in the van to come home.

I need to rest now . this was very hard work today.

Slurps,

Nick