[Dailydrool] Quilt made by Val Brewer is being raffled!

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Thu Nov 12 07:37:47 PST 2020

Obviously I cannot attach pictures of the quilt but I will be happy to email to you if you are interested.  If you are on Facebook, you will be able to see it on Debbie’s Dawgs very soon.  Below is info on the quilt - again email if you want to see pics.  debbiesdawgs at icloud.com <mailto:debbiesdawgs at icloud.com>

QUILT RAFFLE BENEFITTING BASSET RESCUE OF KENTUCKIANA!

 This fabulous tee shirt quilt was made by well known quilter Val Brewer in Hawaii; the tee shirts were donated by Sherrilyn Wilson, who at that time, lived on the east coast - you couldn’t get much further apart than that!  The tee shirts are from BROOD, Michigan, Ohio, Buffalo (which doesn’t exist any more), New England, ABC and other tee shirts.  One is of Nigel Szaton’s “Caught in the Riptide of Lub” - lots of great memories in this quilt!

Kentuckiana recently took in Lincoln, a sweet basset boy weighing only 27 lbs.  A stray, he had an ulcerated cyst on his hip for which he’s had surgery - he has to be feeling a lot better.  This hard working rescue has just a few volunteers so we are hoping this quilt will take some of the burden of end of the year fundraising off their shoulders. Drool quilters know that a quilt by Val Brewer is something to be coveted and this one is indeed special.

The quilt measures 78” x 94” so it is a good size - perfect for an XL twin and will even cover the top of a queen size bed. You should be able to tuck it under on a twin size so it may work with a double bed as well. One of the pics below shows it on a double bed.

Pictures do not do it justice.  The stitching and detail is fabulous! There is no way to put a value on this quilt - the time and effort are impossible to measure. It’s also impossible to put a value on the never ending hours of rescue so by all means, buy lots of tickets!

I am going to attach some select pics but you still will not see the full beauty of this quilt. How I wish you could see it in person! The dogs pictured are NOT included!!

Tickets are:

I ticket for $5

3 tickets for $10

10 tickets for $25

Paypal your donation to bassetrofk at yahoo.com <mailto:bassetrofk at yahoo.com>.  Do NOT mention quilt or raffle.  We will know how many tickets by the amount you donate - simply put “Lincoln” in the remarks. I repeat DO NOT mention quilt or raffle. JUST LINCOLN!   Checks should be made out to Basset Rescue of Kentuckiana and mailed to
If you are sending a check please email debbiesdawgs at icloud.com <mailto:debbiesdawgs at icloud.com>  so we can watch for it to arrive before the drawing and so we will have your email address for sending ticket numbers. Please mail your check early!!

Raffle starts now and ends November 27.  Drawing on Dec. 1 to allow for arrival of checks.

Donna, drool fueling for just Maggie again.
Missing my YaYa and Chuck, Bob, Dudley, Pauline, Elmo, Gracie, Bosley and Sunny