[Dailydrool] Stranger Danger

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 26 08:15:16 PDT 2021

Hello, it's Chomper,
Mariah I know JUST how you feel.  Here we always had Snoopy and if anyone got anywhere near us he would AHROOOOOOOO ... if they came over and pet us in the middle of his AHROOOOO and got sprayed with slobber and drool we knew they were ok and we'd let them pet us.  If they gave us dirty looks and crossed the street it was their loss. Also, everyone had to pet Snoopy first, it was a rule, the prime directive I think but anyway they'd pet Snoopy and if I wanted them to pet me I'd push my way in and they would pet me too,  I never had to worry.
Then, Snoopy left for the bridge.
Suddenly, our protector was GONE.  Well let me tell you I have a bedroom window right next to the front door and I can get up on that bed and look out that window and YELL at that UPS guy and the Fed Ex Guy that brings wine .... oh he is a RIOT ... he told momPerson he used to assume she had lots of parties what with all the wine deliveries but it's been COVID now for OVER A YEAR so he just ... needs to mind his own business ... anyway I scream ferociously at them all the mail guy ... all of them ... and the clueless momPerson is NOT impressed.
It's even WORSE when we go on walks or to the park ... she had to distract me and get me to watch her or I will lung and snarl at any stranger close enough.  If someone wants to pet then she distracts me while Samantha goes and gets petted and once Sam is getting all the attention I will rush over there and crowd in and get petted too.  If she pays constant attention I can be managed and be a very good social dog but if she gets distracted (and lets remember, she's clueless) I will lung and snarl at some random stranger at the park that thought I was cute and walked over to pet me.  Not good.
But I HAVE to ... there is no one to protect me now, Samantha Jane is a girl and she loves everyone .... and no one has howled at our house, even once, since Snoopy left so I have to do something.
Goodbye from Chomper who is aptly named as it turns out.