[Dailydrool] New homes

ddropp at aol.com ddropp at aol.com
Sun Feb 21 18:12:40 PST 2021

I am now on my fourth basset.  My first, Charlie came from Wisc. Humane Soc. and therefore really did not mind one way or the other coming home with us.  The second one,  Bennett,  was an emergency turn in as his previous owner of 5 years needed him picked up as he bit a toddler in the house who went after his food.  I picked him up from them in an Applebee's parking  lot.  He hopped into my car and never looked back at his previous owners.  He walked  into my house, peed on a chair leg and made himself at home.  Someone from BBR was to pick him  up the the next day, but they never came  so he stayed with me as a foster failure.  Basset number three was also  an emergency turn that I  was to foster  for a  short while.  Her owner, who could no longer keep her brought her over.  She was eleven at the time,  After he left, she did mope around the house for several days, looking for her previous owner.  Whenever anyone came to  the door, she would run to it hoping for her master to come  back.  After a week or so, she stopped  looking and settled in to her new forever home.  We  adopted her and she had her forever home with us.  My present basset, Blanca, came to me at the age of three from her breeder.  I do not know why, but the first time I went to see her, she seemed to sense that I was to  be her new owner, and three months later, came home  willingly with me.  It just must be the hound.  I am sure  that Mia will soon realize that she is in a great home.   Douglas Dropp(ddropp at aol.com) and  Blanca along withPw. Charlie, Pw. Bennett and Millie, all ATBSent from AOL Desktopp