[Dailydrool] ATB

Terry Marshall oldaggielady at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 14:14:28 PST 2021

Many of you will remember my Rio Trio. The three basset hounds I picked up
by a drainage ditch in El Paso TX county, not far from the Rio Grande. They
were called Megan a 2 year old mommy, Abigail and Bo each one year old. Or
as close as the vet could guess. Well, we are now down to a Rio Uno.
Abigail went to the bridge in 2018 after having a stroke, which followed
several years of fighting an E.coli infection that was drug resistant.
I had to take Bo into the vet a week ago, The day before he could not get
up and if he tried, he cried. The next morning he seemed to be better, but
I remember the adage, better a day before than a day after. It was
peaceful. He just went to sleep in my arms. No more pain or anything else.
It is quiet here without him, even if he slept most of the time.
Now I have little mommy Megan. She is about 16 years old. She still runs
around and tries to keep the other hounds in line. She is hard of hearing,
stiff at times but get around well. Hope I have her for a long time.
Terry Marshall. Home to the Rio Uno.