[Dailydrool] Foster wins

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 05:27:28 PST 2021

We've had a few of those foster wins in our time too. I never foster when I
cannot afford to keep a foster dog, since having to send a dog who fits
perfectly off to someone else would break my heart.

We have also fostered knowing darn well the dog was not going anywhere
unless it made it perfectly clear it hated our home. We have a 100 percent
record with those, though Cleo later decided she would rather live with our
friends the Howerings, and we let her do that.  If I had not been in the
hospital and rehab for a long time, we might never have known that was her
best home, but Drew was overwhelmed with three dogs, one of whom did not
like our blind Dexter. So Beth Howering agreed to look after Cleo until I
was on my feet again. Cleo decided to stay and help them through the grief
they were experiencing after having lost one of their hounds.

Letting a basset into your home has some risks. It may want to stay. When
you have a foster, that's most certainly a win.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets