[Dailydrool] Julie-Guinness

Angelika angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 3 13:50:09 PST 2021

My heart goes out to you Julie. As you know I had old man Elvis who lost the use of his back legs then continued on for nearly six more years. He had various illnesses through that time, including diagnosis of lymphoma two years in. But he was never in pain. He was not grumpy. He was sweet natured and enjoyed life. And I certainly remember the wielding the mop part well. Because putting a belly band on a dog who’s not mobile is like trying to dress a slinky.
Having said all that everything you describe about Guinness seems to say loud and clear he’s had enough. I know it’s horrible to be the one to make the decision to let them go. But sit back and take an honest look at what he’s getting out of life. And if what he’s going through isn’t worth what he’s getting out of life than I think you know what he needs. The biggest gift of love we can give them is to let them go when there is no hope for improvement and when their quality of life is no longer good. You are both in my thoughts I know this is tough.

Angelika
Sent from my iPhone