[Dailydrool] Horton's eating

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 15:22:20 PDT 2021

Thanks to everyone for the input on Horton's eating (or lack thereof
really). It was a lot of help.

Thanks especially to a lurker, who will know who he is, I tried giving Hort
some bread and peanut butter--Hortie loves nuts and usually only gets one a
day. He ate some of this sandwich yesterday, though not really enough to
keep body and soul together. But we were thankful for the change, since he
seemed to feel a bit better.

Today he snarked at me to get the bread and peanut butter, so I tried
giving him some baby food that looks like little chicken Vienna sausages.
He loved one and demanded more, so he has gotten most of the bottle over
the afternoon. He even deigned to try a bit of another kind of baby food
and a little, very little, canned dog food.

We are not back to normal eating, but at least he' s putting something in
his stomach. My husband said he knew Hort would be all right when he
started barking at him again.

We aren't there yet, but it's a start.  At least the medication may be
working, but I think I prefer to believe it's the drool and prayers that
have really gotten him on track. Thanks for all the slinging and praying.
Pam, a thankful food slave of the Dashing Basset