[Dailydrool] Getting a dog to eat (Pamela McQuade)

mom2jaxson at yahoo.com mom2jaxson at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 19:22:37 PDT 2021

I know, this will seem twisted, but when I read Pamela's subject line.  I was wondering if she was considering which dog was the best to eat?Bassets would most likely be fatty and from what I know, a Labrador would be tough 😅 🤔 😬. Feel free to not post.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
   3. Getting a dog to eat (Pamela McQuade)Message: 3Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 15:13:50 -0400From: Pamela McQuade <plmcquade at gmail.com>To: Daily Drool Send <dailydrool at dailydrool.org>Subject: [Dailydrool] Getting a dog to eatMessage-ID:	<CAKhL9-RkE8oZyVYQayJMSCgdTPqHyvvrrDrQ6o0uhaBFma+7CA at mail.gmail.com>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"My poor Horton has had diarrhea and trouble eating for a while now. Itbegan when he started limping and went to the vet's for that. Initially Ithought he was responding badly to one of the drugs he was on , so westopped it, then started it again when he seemed to improve for a while.After restarting it, he began to have a poor appetite and then didn't wantto eat at all, even when I stopped the offending medication again. My vetprescribed metronidazole, but when he wouldn't eat, she said not to give itto him.On top of this, my poor boy has had really nasty diarrhea. I think theremay be blood in the stool, though two weeks ago, when he had seemed toimprove, we did a fecal and he was fine.Yesterday we went to an emergency vet, spent about six hours waiting to seea vet, then was told he needed an ultrasound.. We had to leave himovernight because the guy who did the ultrasound was booked until the weehours of the morning.The results of the ultrasound didn't show anything conclusive (isn't that athrill?). They said something about his having some benign lumps, like theones bassets commonly get on the outside, but they do not seem to beconcerned it is cancer. His adrenal glands had something funny going on,but not enough that the ultrasound guy thought it  was anything toworry about--just  keep an eye on it, we were told.Because Horton is such a nervous boy, the ER vets had to treat him withmedication to keep him calm, which evidently works against his eating well,so they sent him home this morning, telling us to feed him anything heliked in human food. I have given him Entyce and have metronidazole to givehim when he eats.I tried giving him chicken the other day, which he usually loves, but nogo. Just now I gave him some ground beef, of which he ate a little but notenough to be considered a real meal . I will keep trying, but it's a realchallenge..Has anyone had such a situation with their basset? What do you all use toget a hound eating?Pam, food slave to the only current Dashing Basset-------------- next part --------------An HTML attachment was scrubbed...URL: <http://lists.dailydrool.org/pipermail/dailydrool-dailydrool.org/attachments/20210726/7fc4217c/attachment-0001.html>------------------------------Subject: Digest Footer_______________________________________________Dailydrool mailing listDailydrool at lists.dailydrool.orghttp://lists.dailydrool.org/listinfo.cgi/dailydrool-dailydrool.org------------------------------End of Dailydrool Digest, Vol 692, Issue 1******************************************