[Dailydrool] Update from Browyn the Fairy Princess

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 03:27:46 PDT 2021

Hi all! Sorry we went into silent mode there for a while. My world turned
upside down rather suddenly! As you already know, Beauford went to the
Bridge rather suddenly 2 months and 1 day after Bugsey left me. Let's just
say he got really, really sick very fast. The mom and dad rushed him to the
ER, but I knew he wasn't coming home. They dumped me in my crate without
feeding me. Then they came home at 11:30 at night. They got me out of my
crate. It took them almost an hour to calm down enough to feed me. Then we
all went to bed. The dad skipped work the next day. I slept until 6:30.
They were in shock. I am not really sure why. They didn't feed me until
after midnight!

So here is the deal. I miss my brothers...a lot, but there are a lot of
perks to being an only and a Fairy Princess. I get fed first. I don't have
to wait to get my pills. I don't have to wait to get my teeth brushed. The
mom and I have come to an agreement about nap times. I run into my bedroom
and I sit in my donut bed. I get my treats. Mom leaves the gate down and I
either go to the couch and take a nap, or I help mom do whatever she needs
to do. I get ALL the belly rubs. I don't have to share my toys. I can play
with which ones I want when I want. No one bosses me around. I get to sleep
in whichever dog bed I want. I finally get my toe nails clipped first and I
get my bath first.

Things I had to learn or am still working on: My brothers don't go to the
door for me and scratch when I need to go out or in. So, I am trying to
learn to be better about crying when I want in or out. There is a thing
called a frisbee and it can really be fun to chase and play with it until
the 'rents get bossy about wanting me to give it back so they can throw it
again. (Note from Jennifer: we attempted to play frisbee with Browyn a few
times when she was younger, but the boys tackled her when she tried to
chase the frisbee) Now that I have shown everyone what a trustworthy  Fairy
Princess I am, I have decided that if I don't have to sleep in my crate for
naps, I shouldn't have to sleep in my crate at night. The mom says she is
willing to try it because she is the one that gets up with me in the middle
of the night. The dad says no way Jose'! I am not really sure who Jose' is,
but we need to have a talk. The mom had started to go for walks with me,
but now she has a stress fracture and no walkies for me. I did get to pick
up Dad with the mom when his car was broken. I also got to go out in the
front yard and play while the mom and dad decompressed. So, there are some
benefits to being an only, but it can get lonely.

Browyn the Fairy Princess