[Dailydrool] Samantha Jane

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 18 10:51:02 PDT 2021

Hi all, Dale here,
Whew.  this girl is going to be the death of us all.  Certainly me.  Sigh.  I'll start off the story by saying my girl, at this very moment, is in bed with my husband, heavily medicated for pain, wearing a cone as well as a shirt, recovering from surgery.  Vet says she thinks she'll be ok.  Of course .... that's what she said the last time.  OMG.
Sooooooo.....Samantha had some skin cancer growths removed.  Been fine ever since, but in one place the site had a red mark .... vet said that was normal, there is a term for it.  But.... last month it started changing ... skin seemed "broken" ... so she had a check up.  Vet said she'd taken a picture and would watch it ... 2 weeks later the spot had a lump, about pimple sized so I took her back for a recheck and we scheduled a tooth cleaning and the vet said she'd take the pimple like thing off at that time "out of an abundance of caution".  Scheduled for March 17.
Last week Greg and I rented a house on the North Coast at a place called sea ranch.  Beautiful place overlooking the sea ... Natalie came to say with the hounds. We got home last Saturday ... then Sunday night ... suddenly ... Samantha had blood gushing from her belly.  The "thing" in her gut had grown to marble sized and somehow ruptured. Using every trick I know I managed to slow and then stop the bleeding ... put her in a shirt, got her to go to bed.  Hoped to wait till Wednesday when removal was scheduled but Monday morning the damn thing ruptured again and there was no stopping it ..... blood everywhere, home looked like a murder scene, shirt immediately soaked and new one immediately soaked .... called vet and told them we were incoming ... vet tried to tell us they were busy I was like yeah ... no ... we're incoming ....
10 minute drive, Samantha was sitting in a pool of blood when we arrived, vet tech barely maintained as she grabbed her and RAN for the door.  They called me from inside as I waited in the car (still COVID protocols) and told me to go home, they'd call later when they figured out what was going on.
Vet called in the afternoon, said they had her in a full belly wrap/compression girdle and believed it would hold overnight .... come get her and bring her back (unfed) and they'd remove it first thing in the morning.  Which all occurred.
Chomper screamed at the window for 10 minutes when I took her back on Tuesday, sulked all day, and has been stuck to her like GLUE.  I've managed to get the blood out of all of my beige carpets and blankets (she was on all the beds) ... thank you Hydrogen peroxide and carpet shampooer and washing machine.
Now .... I need a vacation.  OMG
Dale ... aka the clueless momPerson .... who is STILL Shaking