[Dailydrool] Mia's aggression and dog food recall

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 13:12:52 PDT 2021

Maybe I'm very naive, but to me it sounds as if Mia's aggression happened
from pain and therefore is understandable and preventable. Ears can become
very painful if there is some kind of infection, and it may be one you
cannot even see yet. Those deep, L-shaped dog ears are hard to deal with.

Our Abner was aggressive with me, and we finally learned that it was
because his back surgery was not as well done as it could have been. Once
we found the cause of the pain and gave him treatment, he never again even
thought of biting. Do not give up on Mia, but have a vet check her to see
if her ears or another part of her anatomy caused the bite. I only wish
we'd learned about Abner's issue much earlier.

Also, I don't think the dog-food recall I posted about went through. Below
is the link to the original recall by the FDA. I am not taking sides on
anything having to do with dog food, but I would feel terrible if a dog
suffered because I hadn't shared this information.

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/midwestern-pet-foods-voluntarily-recall-due-possible-salmonella-health-risk?permalink=4469420455798618FBE8683FDB3CF156D7E804C35AAEB72B12376B0A97E396B6&fbclid=IwAR1s2Dh9X8sEX5sn5bbDPNhgHjqtt2YPKUcXZ5mv5dJXeCXF5sMGDtGzzbE
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets