[Dailydrool] No more

Terry Marshall oldaggielady at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 16:18:37 PDT 2021

The Rio Trio is no more. Many will remember the three bassets I picked up
in rural El Paso TX county. There was a two year old mommy Megan, two one
year old pups: Abigal andBo.
Abbie went to the bridge first a couple of years ago. Bo went in February.
Megan held on as long as she could. She made it to the gotcha day of Sept
6, 2006. That made her about 17 years old. Sept 24th, she lost use of her
back legs. She didn't seem to be in pain, just couldn't get around.
So on the 25th I took her to the vet and had her put to sleep. So peaceful.
On the way home, about a mile from the vet's office there is a bright
lightning flash and a loud rumble of thunder. Wonder if she was telling me
that she got to the bridge and found her two kids. Hope so, because now I
know they are at peace.
Terry Marshall who had the trio for a long time.