[Dailydrool] clueless momPerson something of a wreck

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 3 15:20:01 PDT 2021

Hello from Chomper,
She's got a lot going on.
I suspected trouble when she started running like she meant it again.  And swimming every day. When she dusted off the bike and I realized my mother was back to peddling her butt around town I was afraid of the worst.  And I was right
She's back to triathlons.  She was injured in 2019 and they canceled them all in 2020 but now it's 2021 and she's back to racing ... old woman that she is, still completely lacking in any sort of clue ... she has no clue why the old woman is out there swimming in the ocean and racing around on a tricked out bicycle with KIDS ... it's past all patience it really is.
Oh ... and they say it's 3 events (swim/bike/run) but they always leave out the 4th event which is GETTING INTO THE WETSUIT.  The clueless momPerson had her work cut out for her here ... she gained 15 lbs during COVID and had to loose them to be able to get into the suit. The water is only about 59 degrees.  Apparently that was motivating, and so she did it.
In other news poor Samantha was horribly sick a few nights ago and did unspeakable things to the rugs in the 1/2 of the house which is carpeted ... even though she's not a basset she knows when you're sick you don't get sick on the hard woods, you use the carpet.  Sheesh.  momPerson was up all night with her ... first gave her Pepcid to stop the puking then used the spot bot to get all the spots then used the big shampooer to finish the job once Sam quit.  All at 3AM.  DadPerson was not amused.  We don't know what she got ... she'll eat anything ... whatever it was ... it disagreed with her MIGHTILY.
Then last night when she was nearly completely recovered dadPerson tripped over a dog bed.  He had shoulder surgery a month ago.  momPerson was in the studio painting when she heard a VERY loud CRASH.  She came running and found dadPerson laying face down and moaning (he's nearly 69).  She managed to stay calm ... he hadn't hit his head ... his arms and legs seemed to work ... she helped him roll over, then helped him upright, then into a chair.  After a bit he got up and walked across the house.  He's a bit bruised up but seems ok today.
In summary dadPerson, Samantha Jane and I are doing ok but our clueless momPerson is a bit overstretched we think.  If you have any just keep taking deep breaths drool you can send her way that'd be good ... she needs that.
Goodbye from Chomper who is just fine and not participating in any drama whatsoever