[Dailydrool] Update From Dale

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 5 10:58:01 PDT 2021

Hi all, quiet morning here.
I'm working on a painting of a dog who isn't a basset which was requested ... I don't take commissions and I generally only paint bassets (with rare exceptions) ... but I'm doing this one ... just to be predictably unpredictable I guess ... also ... the doggy mom has been incredibly patient and persistent and funny in email so ... yeah ... I'm busy painting ...
Thanks for the calming drool ... not sure how buppies can possibly have calming anything but I suppose if they've been on a roll for hours perhaps there is a few moments of rest during which calming drool could be collected before it all starts over again ... we'd been contemplating a buppy ... I've always taken in train wrecks ... never gotten a dog in good shape to start out with ... we're reluctant to fill up our last foster slot (limit is 3 dogs in our city) ...
I do a lot of portraits of bassets ... dogs with love in their eyes ... and give them away to the owners.  I always request a donation to basset rescue (never ask for proof or specify an amount) ... sometimes they give to my favorites (Senior Hounds Abound, Golden Gate Basset Rescue) and sometimes they give to their own favorites (I know BRAT and Debbies Dawgs, for example, have benefited).  If your rescue would like to be added to my list of favorites please email me at dalerutz at sbcglobal.net.  You can see some of my portraits on instagram.  If your rescue would like to pawction off a portrait I can probably do that for you ... again please email me so I don't get committed to too many in a short timeframe.
I'm headed out to the garden now, going for a swim at one, expecting to finish this dog portrait today and then start something else ... I have some pictures of old wooden buildings I want to take a stab at ....
Everyone is on the mend here.  I hope everyone at your house is happy and healthy and enjoying the day.
Best,Dale ... aka the clueless momPerson but the fact is, over the years and largely because of this list, I've acquired a few clues.