[Dailydrool] Bassets and Foreign Objects (From the Desk)

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 03:44:12 PDT 2021

Dear Blanca,
You are apparently keeping the myth that Bassets eat everything alive by
eating something, who knows what it was, that made your tummy urpy. I,
Merta Lou, know how that goes and it is made up, fabricated, lies.
Just after I got to this house I found some objects in the yard just
sitting there in the dirt perhaps edible, one never knows unless one
tastes, right?
To this day I am not sure what they were: one piece had a dark, earthy
flavor, much like I imagine a rock would taste, and the other had a hard
shell that I could not crack (so swallowed whole) and a bright and
shiney exterior, a little bit of sunshine, who could resist? (SHE says it
was a piece of sawn copper pipe and a rock but what does SHE know?)
NYWAY  it made me quite ill and they CUT A HOLE IN ME!!!! can you
imagine???? to get it out. They did this when I was having one of
the deepest naps of my life, so it didn't really hurt much. But I mean,
really!
One of the Bassets ahead of me ate a large leather catnip mouse that
belonged to one of the c at ts, a popsicle stick, a lego man,a quarter pound
of Eucerin hand cream which made him deathly ill, a bar of DOVE bathsoap, a
box of crayons,several rocks and those are the items they knew about. He
lived longer than any of their other dogs. Goes to show you....Hang in
there, Blanca. Keep the Myth alive.

(What exactly is a myth, anyway?)
Love and Cuddles,
Merta Lou, Girl Investigative Eater