[Dailydrool] Joining the Drool

Karen bassett8 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 16:01:22 PST 2022

For me it was in 1999 when Nancy was still running the Drool and I got my very first hound Coco who was joined later that year by Piper and 2 years later by Whisky who Was rescued from my elderly neighbors and so the Out of Africa hounds came about.  All of the original hounds are now ATB with their beloved Dad and my husband Andrew who left us suddenly inJanuary 2009.

Since then there has been Leyla, Caspian and Ella who are all ATB and currently I have three boys Maverick, Toby and Rover.  Rover is our latest addition and joined us during COVID lockdown as his owner was emigrating and did not want to take him with her, he is 3 and has just fitted in perfectly.  Toby and Maverick are both nearly 8.  Maverick was diagnosed with bone cancer in April 2021 but it still motoring along quite happily but how long we will still have him is unknown but the good news is that almost a year later the tumor is still the same size and he is not in any pain.  He is monitored regularly by his very adored vet.

I too have been guilty of lurking both here and on Facebook.  I do miss our old Drool and all the laughter, love and heartaches that we have shared over the years.  I remember the Basset Feet and turd hockey and my favorite word Nickzillion!  I remember Lewis and Nigel and Mr Cooper Sir, Elder Clara, Moose, Nick and so,so many others over the years.

Much love across the miles
Karen and the continuing Out of Africa Hounds both current and ATB

Sent from my iPad