[Dailydrool] Update on me.

ddropp at aol.com ddropp at aol.com
Sun Jan 30 18:10:46 PST 2022

Well, as was suggested, I have been a Drooler since about 2004, after I got my first Basset in September of 2003 after attending my first Basset Fest in Milwaukee.  I got my wanting an Basset from watching the TV series Columbo.  His name was Charlie and was a red and white hound.  A few years later I was supposed to foster a emergency turn in for one day.  That lasted 7 years until 2014.  His name was Bennett, w tri-color hound.  Shortly after Ben passed I adopted another emergency turn in named Millie.  She was 11 at the time.  She left me in 2018.  For several months I tried to find another Basset from a rescue w/o any luck.  The rescues either did not have a female basset or they would not adopt to me.  In early 2019 Badgerland Basset Hound Club needed to rehome a female hound.  So I bought her, and red and white hound that came with her papers.  Her name is Olde Fashion Sauvigion Blanc.  She is a real cuddle bug, a 55 pound snuggle bug.  She is now going on 6 years old and is a real character.  I have created a real monster, though.  She used to be happy with the small bits and pieces from my plate until recently.  Now she gets real demanding if she feels she is being cheated, even when we say "All gone". She is always under foot when any cooking is being done.  It has come to the point that to help Kathy, I have to go into the family and take Blanca with me.  I am an old codger, and having her  is keeping me going.  More will come later as long as the DD keeps going.

Douglas Dropp(ddropp at aol.com) and  Blanca along withPw. Charlie, Pw. Bennett and Millie, all ATBSent from AOL Desktopp