[Dailydrool] Our history on the DD

K. Green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 15:04:28 PST 2022

We joined in 2006, after buying Cowboy. We were 22, knew we wanted a dog
and settled on a basset after researching them and corgis. We found Cowboy
online, paid to have him flown to San Diego. Had no clue about backyard
breeders, or puppy mills, but found the drool while awaiting his arrival. I
remember being so intimidated by some of the longtime droolers and rescue
advocates - scared to share about how we got Cowboy or the food we
fed, etc. But over time, we found our place on the drool and started
chiming in. We joined the Howliday Card exchange (which we've now
administered for 7+ years), the Secret Pawtner gift exchange and
participated in many fundraisers, auctions, and waddles. And most everyone
turned out to be pretty nice, lol. A couple years later in 2008, we adopted
Rupert (well actually James surprise-adopted Ru for me!) and then there
were two.

Those guys ruled our world and opened our eyes to the most amazing
community of basset hound lovers throughout the world. We are forever
grateful to everyone who has contributed to the Daily Drool, from Nancy,
the Jokelas and the mods, to all the beautiful people who share their
stories spreading laughter and knowledge, revel in each other's joys and
shed tears with each goodbye. This is a beautiful place to be a part of.

We lost Rupert in 2018 to lymphoma. He was about 12. Then last year we said
our goodbye to Cowboy, at age 14. It took 6 months to find another hound,
and now we are staying still with Buford for a little bit while we adjust
to our current state of chaos. There's a pretty sweet bonded pair though
with GGBR that I've been eyeing... if only I actually was retired, I might
be able to convince myself that it's doable.

Drool on,
Kacy with Buford