[Dailydrool] Fireworks

MARILYN Briggs marbriggs at comcast.net
Tue Jul 5 13:32:37 PDT 2022

So I didn't think either of my girls were afraid, but then suddenly they did freak out. I took a long sleeved T shirt and tied the sleeves around their neck, so the shirt went down their backs. It wasn't perfect, but did seem to help.

Marge had a cyst removed on her shoulder, so bought a cooling jacket vest for her so she couldn't scratch it.... It's like a Thundershirt. It helped during thunder storms, too. More than the shirt tied around her neck. So bought one for Mystic. They both wear them for fireworks and thunder.

The other day I couldn't hear anything but apparently Marge could and she came into my office and was nosing her cooling vest in the closet. Put it on her and about 15 minutes later I could hear it.

Not sure I would invest in a Thundershirt or cooling vest alternative without trying the long sleeved T-shirt trick to see if it helps at all. I understand they don't help some dogs but mine seem to feel better when wearing them.

When super loud and right next door may need more than one remedy.

Marilyn Briggs