[Dailydrool] Walking your basset using a walker

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Sat Jul 9 15:39:52 PDT 2022

Sally, I assume you are the one with the walker (just kidding)! I thought you meant with a dog walker at first, meaning someone else who walks your dog! My answer is no, please don’t do this by yourself!  There are too many things that could happen to one or both of you.  Outdoors is not always a great place for a walker; watching your dog and where you are going while navigating a walker may not be all that easy.  What if an over friendly or not so friendly dog approached you by running at you?  That’s just a couple of scenarios that come to mind and others that are not so nice.  If you absolutely want to do this, have a very able-bodied person go with you!   I used a walker for a while but even when I graduated to a cane I didn’t walk my dogs without being accompanied until I could do it myself without NEEDING a cane.  I totally understand wanting to do this with your dog, though. I missed walking my dogs so much when I couldn’t do it.  It’s just that there’s more to it than just you and your dog, especially these days.   Be safe, Drool friend!

Donna, drool fueling and walking no one these days
Forever missing Chuck, Bob, Dudley, Pauline, Elmo, Gracie, Bosley, Sunny, YaYa and Maggie all atb