[Dailydrool] Walking with a walker

Elizabeth Hinchliffe hinchliffe at aol.com
Sat Jul 9 13:14:39 PDT 2022

My sweet, slow old gal adapted just fine.  At first I held her leash in my hand; then I tried looping it over the bar of the walker, and that worked more easily (because I could trust that she wouldn’t (would never!) go running down the street pulling me behind her (and we’d end up on America’s Funniest Home Videos)).
Eventually I moved from a walker to a Rollator, and that was even better.  Rollators are so stable — a walker can tilt and send you flying, but Rollators just sturdily and bravely keep standing through everything.  Also, it has big wheels which keep it steady; and it moves in just one continuous pushing motion, instead of fits and stops.  (And it has a nice little seat, so when your basset insists on immediately taking a break, you have somewhere to sit, too.)  I recommend getting a Rollator anyway — and especially for walking with bassets.  (I just had to make sure she didn’t suddenly pull a flag basset so I didn’t roll right over her!)