[Dailydrool] Hello

Michele SZ wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 14:59:53 PDT 2022

Hello from Howling Hound Acres. I am sorry that I have not been posting anything of late as things here have been a bit busy and demanding of my time. I am taking care of our farm, helping my parents out as much as possible and helping a friend out with his farm when needed. Anyways Xander, Seth and Maggie are doing great. Seth will be turning 6 on the 17th of this month. Xander will be 10 in Dec and Maggie just turned 4 in Feb. They all love their walks around the farm when weather and my schedule cooperate. Seth is still the naughty one, Xander is the momma’s boy and Maggie is the good girl. The dogs have not had a lot of excitement worth writing about until Thursday.  Our bedroom for the most part is a no dog zone because of allergies and Seth being such a naughty boy and getting into things that he is not supposed to be into. The bedroom door is always closed unless the dogs are locked in their room. I am now having to sleep with a CPAP machine. After taking the old SD card in to the sleep clinic for them to download and send a report to my doctor, I went to put the new SD Card in my machine. Seth was in his room, on his bed sleeping. I literally went into the bedroom, put the card in, turned around and swore I saw a furry butt and tail go out the door and turn down the hall. So I checked on all of the dogs. Maggie and Xander were asleep on the couch and Seth was on his bed in his room. Dang, I must be seeing ghost dogs. A few minutes later I was talking to my Aunt on the phone, saw that it was hound supper time, so went to start making the food bowls while talking to my Aunt. Then I saw something weird on the floor in the dog room. WTH? Closer inspection and I realized it was my CPAP mask! Seth had quickly sneaked into my room, into the bathroom, snatched the mask off the counter and hightailed it back down the hall to his room and back to his bed to chew on his prize. After a few cuss words, and quickly getting off the phone, I ran to grab the peroxide, syringe and Seth and out the door we went to induce up chucking. I found a couple more pieces of the mask that he had swallowed. They were small and should have passed, but I did not know that at the time nor was I taken any chances of gut laceration or impaction.  Once he quit yakking I brought him back inside, locked him in his room, feed him some oatmeal to coat and soothe his stomach. After keeping that down for an hour I feed him his normal supper. So far the boy is doing good, No signs of any ill effects from his sneaked snack.
Heart healing drool to those that have lost a beloved hound. Healing drool to any sick or injured hounds. Virtual hugs to all of the humans and belly rubs to all of the hounds.
Michele Swartz - Momma to Xander, Seth and Maggie Moo.
Sent from my iPawPad🐾