[Dailydrool] Beachbaby

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Wed Apr 16 19:25:21 PDT 2008

One year ago today our Beachbaby and her sister, Begonia, were left by their owners in a holding pen with just a note at a shelter in Franklin, Tennessee.  I know the story ended well, because they were rescued and we adopted them both, but I still cry when I think of that night and how scared they must have been when their people dropped them off and drove away.  And maybe it was cold and maybe they weren't used to being outside and alone.

    Thank you to Alabama Basset Rescue for stepping up and saving my angels.  And thanks to Meg, their foster mom, for giving them such a good place to live until we could find each other.

    Even though Begonia left us for the Rainbow Bridge just six weeks after we adopted her, she is forever in our hearts.  She, along with Beachbaby, are our first rescue dogs.

    So I guess it's happy dropped ya day for the Beach.

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Lowretta, Stella (ATB), J.D. (ATB), Begonia (ATB)