[Dailydrool] Batrooms

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 04:16:14 PDT 2008

Sirius dear, Uncle Cooper Sir is an expert at locking himself in our
bathroom. He goes in to sleep on the very cool tiles and when he
stretches out he hits the door with his front feet and the door shuts.
Unlike Bassets, Uncle Cooper Sir is not cool and collected in this
situation and because he becomes so distraught he hollers non-stop as
he tears the bathroom apart trying to get out. This usually happens
when we are not home, and once it happened on a very very hot, humid
day and by the time I got to him, he was dripping with drool, the
bathroom was a shambles and it was so hot in there I was really
surprised he had not collapsed. It scared me badly. Now we have a
leash tied on a towel rack and hooked around the door so that it
cannot close. Guests to our home are often quite mystified by that and
the reminder sign on the door: "Please Secure Door Open for Cooper".
The Bassets are not long-legged enough to slam the door shut.

MomPerson to Nigel,Llewis, Mitchell, Zelda and Cooper